Some Spam still not being marked as Spam

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Mar 13 09:50:50 GMT 2003

Hi Michael,

> I'm using MailScanner-4.13-3 with SpamAssassin-2.50 (no AWL)
> on Solaris 9.
> About 5% of Spam we receive isn't marked as Spam.  If I save
> these messages and run "spamassassin -t" on these messages
> they get a much higer score (e.g. 9 instead of 4).  Why is
> the score lower when they are processed by MailScanner?  Is
> this a bug?

Not necessarily. I am troubled with the same problem btw. The scoring
depends a lot on your settings and whether or not
MailScanner/SpamAssassin is using the same set of configuration files
than SA alone started by your user. Are you using Exim btw? Please post
the SCORES that a suspicious message gets via MS/SA and via spamassassin
-t.

Regards,
  JP