mailscanner & zmailer

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at lists.com.ar
Tue Mar 11 21:04:17 GMT 2003

Alright, alright,

you scared me enough...

I browsed the code and it has its things... even the comments in Sendmail.pm
are not quite accurate... there are functions documented that don't exist
anymore and other (public) not documented... Some of the "documented public"
functions are not used outside Sendmail.pm... well.

What I'll try to do is to create a zmq2smq and a smq2zmq to translate the
queue file formats...

Thankfully, I have good documentation on both queue formats (bat book chap 23
and http://zmailer.org/zman/zapp-filefmts.html).

Since I couldn't easily find the queue format of Exim, I'll go for the
sendmail translator.

I won't have any locking problems with zmailer since its one-file approach
gives me always a finished unlocked file and I can do likewise when I hand it
to zmailer.

I'll use flock file locking so I emulate sendmail and don't step over
mailscanner.

Regards,

Mariano.

--