Per User Blacklist and white lists

Mike Williams mike at TECHINTER.COM
Tue Mar 11 19:50:04 GMT 2003

Julian,

Thanks for the info.  I'm looking at the code and the example is for
bydomain.  I'm not sure but it looks like I can have the white and black
list by either domain.com or by user at domain.com.  The reason I am asking is
that each user will need to be able to specify their own black and white
list.  This makes it possible that one user would wish to block email from a
user at spam.com  and another user to whitelist or not block a user at spam.com.
So if I use a filename of user1 at domain.com and user2 at domain.com does this in
fact make the whitelist and blacklist unique for each user even if they are
in the same domain?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Julian Field
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 12:44 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Per User Blacklist and white lists

Take a look in the CustomConfig.pm file in recent distributions. This
feature is an example of what you can do with "Custom Functions". You will
probably need to change the directories it reads the black/whitelists from,
but otherwise it will just work. The code briefly explains what should go
in the various config files.

At 18:35 11/03/2003, you wrote:
>Is it possible to have a per user blacklist and whitelist?  Example in the
>whitelist file:
>
>To:     user-1 at domain.com
/etc/MailScanner/rules/whitelist/user-1-domain.com
>To:     user-2 at domain.com
/etc/MailScanner/rules/whitelist/user-2-domain.com

--
Julian Field