sophos 3.66 to 3.67, load jumps?

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Tue Mar 11 19:37:19 GMT 2003

Hello all...

In my position sitting on the fence between amavis(d) and MailScanner, I just thought I'd pipe up... testing with Postfix and MS with the scripts posted to this list recently is however going very well, but that's a different story...

Over on the amavis lists they've been moaning about 3.67 since it appeared, due to the increased load/spawning times, and also changes in number of virus-data files, and command-line/SAVI options.

Particularly badly hit have been Sophie, the daemonized SAVI-interfacing scanner, and SAVI::Perl, the Perl interface to SAVI, mainly due to the dropping of options, or changing thereof.

Always good to know you're not alone in the world... where that leaves the humble Sophos user, is of course yet again another story..

On the note above, I've read Julian's misgivings/dislike about Sophie and daemonized AV scanners, but surely something like SAVI::Perl is an interesting development?