sophos 3.66 to 3.67, load jumps?

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at BARNET.AC.UK
Tue Mar 11 18:35:04 GMT 2003

On 11 Mar 2003 at 12:13, Marco Obaid wrote:

> I just spoke with Sophos about this issue and I am attaching their response.
> One interesting note about my conversation with the tech support person is that
> he did not want me to call my issue a "problem with Sophos". He repeatedly said
> that the performance jump is due to providing "BETTER" protection. I will let
> you read their repsponse.

All very well for possibly decreasing the scan time for large numbers
of files but these options seem to have no effect on the time taken
to spawn the executable itself which slows down the time taken to
scan each batch of messages in MailScanner.

David

This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.