RaQ problems after installing sendmail patch

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at ELIRION.NET
Tue Mar 11 18:01:32 GMT 2003

Rishi Gangoly wrote:
> Is there anyone who has upgraded mailscanner form 3.x to 4.x on a Cobalt RaQ4?

Yes.  I put it off for several months as I mistakenly thought 4.x
required Perl 5.6.1, and I did not want to get into installing a second
copy of Perl on the RaQ.

IIRC, I installed SpamAssassin 2.43 from the tarball and MailScanner 4.x
from the RPM.  I don't recall any problems other than getting the
configuration file tuned up, which was complicated by the fact that 4.x
uses different directories and file names than 3.x.

Regards,

        Richard.