Delaying identified SPAM

Mon Mar 10 21:00:29 GMT 2003

On Monday 10 March 2003 8:28 pm, Nicholas Esborn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a feature request.  I'd like to be able to delay the delivery of
> Spam until some specified time period, for example overnight.  The main
> goal of this request is to normalize the load on our mail servers by
> time-shifting the unimportant Spam.

Instead of telling MailScanner to 'deliver' the mail, tell it to 'store' it
(and set both Quarantine Whole Message and Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue
Files to yes), and then whenever you're ready to deliver the spam, simply
move the files from the quarantine queue directory to the sendmail outgoing
mail directory (eg with a cron job).

Regards,

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,