updated sendmail, now MailScanner isn't catching viruses

Matthew Bowman mbowman at UDCOM.COM
Mon Mar 10 19:32:17 GMT 2003

This is a related problem.  MailScanner is detecting filename rules but
not actual viruses.  Even though  Virus Scanners = clamav. This was
working until I upgraded MailScanner on March 5th. sendmail was patched
before I updated MailScanner.

I'm running RH 7.2 w/ MailScanner 4.13-3 and clamscan 0.54

Here is an expanded extract from my MailScanner.conf

Virus Scanning = yes

# Virus Scanners = sophos f-prot mcafee
#
Virus Scanners = clamav
Virus Scanner Timeout = 300
Deliver Disinfected Files = yes
Silent Viruses = Klez Yaha-E Bugbear Braid-A WinEvar
Still Deliver Silent Viruses = yes
#Allowed Sophos Error Messages = corrupt
Block Encrypted Messages = no
Block Unencrypted Messages = no

I'm at a loss as to what has happened.

Any ideas what the problem is?