Harebrained Idea for scanning SPAM?

Ed Tate etate01 at sun.hazelwood.k12.mo.us
Sun Mar 9 14:23:41 GMT 2003

This is just an idea (maybe a really dumb one) and I was wondering if this
is even feasible to consider.  This came out of a conversation with my boss
who was aggravated because he can't find his important emails among the adds
to enlarge his private parts and I told him that I'd at least look into it.

MS & SA do an excellent job of working together but the real problem is what
do with SPAM once you've identified it as such.

What I'd like to do is to set Spam Assassins' score high and just
automatically delete those from the system.  Then I'd like to run it again
with a lower score and stick the {SPAM} in the header and let the user
decide.

Currently we're configured at 6 and almost everything we catch is SPAM but
we miss a lot.  When I drop it to 5, I catch almost 100% of all the spam but
I also get too many false positives to automatically delete these.

I guess the question is can Mailscanner & Spam Assassin be run more than
once?

Thanks.

Ed Tate (etate01 at hazelwoodschools.org)