HELP - Viruses are not detected

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Sat Mar 8 17:45:31 GMT 2003

Hi,

> I saw that when I set up a test machine with exim. It turned
> out to be a exim/MS config problem.

I hope so...

> First thing, check to see whether or not you're getting any
> X-MailScanner headers in messages that get delivered.

I am. Spam check is working as well.

> If you are, the mail's getting scanned and you have a problem
> with your virus scanner or something.

I opt for "or something". :-) The virus scanners are obviously called.
Moreover the filename.rules.conf is ignored as well which should not
have anything to do with the virus scanners.

> I'd be happy to help if you can give some more details on your setup.

What would you like to know? And by the way: Thanks for the quick
response.

Regards,
  JP