MailScanner and Horde/IMP

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 12:21:35 GMT 2003

At 23:23 07/03/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>        I installed MailScanner on my RedHat 7.3 box running Horde/IMP cvs
>version.
>When I send mails through Outlook or Eudora , the mails get scanned by
>MailScanner, does both Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam checks.
>But when I send through Horde/IMP mailscanner does not get executed. The
>mails goes without a scan via sendmail.
>
>Why is this happening?
>
>My horde configuration conf.php
>
>$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';
>$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
>  $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' => '/usr/sbin/sendmail');

You either need to upgrade to a more recent version of sendmail, or else
set this instead of your 3 lines above:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'localhost');

This will force IMP to talk SMTP to the host it is running on, which will
get all its mail scanned.
--
Julian Field