Debian ms v4.x install help. Deb, Alien or Sour ce? attn Jason Desai

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Wed Mar 5 16:33:29 GMT 2003

Hi Scott - sorry for the late reply ...

I installed MailScanner using the .tar file.  I am running Debian stable
(woody) with exim 3.35.  If you need version MailScanner 4.x, I would
suggest doing the same - just install from the .tar file.  The instructions
on the MailScanner web site are pretty good.

I am not aware of any dependency issues between MailScanner 4.x and exim.

I think I did compile MIME-tools-5.411 myself, to make sure that I got the
patches.  After applying the patches, I used dh-make-perl to create the
files needed to make a debian package, then I ran dpkg-buildpackage -b to
make the .deb file.  Then I ran dpkg -i to install it.

Again, I would suggest using the .tar installation.  Let me know if you have
any problems.

Jason