FromTo: not working?

Thomas Zajic thomas.zajic at ROCKSTARVIENNA.COM
Wed Mar 5 09:49:49 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:43:45PM +0100, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

> > Yes, just haven't had a chance to reply yet.
> > For some reason, your rules aren't matching, but I can't
> > obviously see why not. Have you got some space after the
> > "FromTo:" ?
>
> I am attaching the file so you can check yourself, ok?
> [...]

Although the file looks okay at a first glance, there are a couple of
things which might or might not confuse MailScanner:

[zlatko at thomas]:~/tmp$ od -t c virus.scanning.rules
0000000   F   r   o   m   T   o   :  \t   *   @   a   k   c   t   e   c
0000020   h   .   d   e      \t   y   e   s  \t  \n   F   r   o   m   T
0000040   o   :  \t   *   @   s   e   c   e   i   d   o   s   .   d   e
0000060  \t   y   e   s  \n   F   r   o   m   T   o   :  \t   *   @   s
0000100   e   c   e   i   d   o   s   .   n   e   t  \t   y   e   s  \n
0000120   F   r   o   m   T   o   :       *   @   s   e   c   e   i   d
0000140   o   s   .   o   r   g  \t   y   e   s  \n   F   r   o   m   T
0000160   o   :       *   @   s   e   c   e   i   d   o   s   .   c   o
0000200   m  \t   y   e   s  \n   F   r   o   m   T   o   :       *   @
0000220   t   e   l   e   f   o   n   i   a   .   d   e  \t   y   e   s
0000240  \n   F   r   o   m   T   o   :  \t   d   e   f   a   u   l   t
0000260  \t  \t   n   o  \n
0000265

This translates to:

FromTo:<TAB>*@akctech.de<SPACE><TAB>yes<TAB><NL>
FromTo:<TAB>*@seceidos.de<TAB>yes<NL>
FromTo:<TAB>*@seceidos.net<TAB>yes<NL>
FromTo:<SPACE>*@seceidos.org<TAB>yes<NL>
FromTo:<SPACE>*@seceidos.com<TAB>yes<NL>
FromTo:<SPACE>*@telefonia.de<TAB>yes<NL>
FromTo:<TAB>default<TAB><TAB>no

A superfluous <SPACE> and <TAB> in line 1, and <SPACE> instead of <TAB> as
field separators in lines 4, 5 and 6. Julian, how does your rule file parser
handle this? :-)

HTH,
Thomas
--