Still issues with Spamassassin 2.50 and Mailscanner (after patching)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 18:05:12 GMT 2003

At 17:58 04/03/2003, you wrote:
>| patch). Somehow this setup fails though. it worked for about a week and
>| now it bombs out on me again. The MailScanner process simply sits there
>| and eats 99% of the CPU without doing anything. After about 5-6 Minutes
>
>I saw pretty much the same thing. I applied Julian's patch, which fixed
>things for a few days, then everything started behaving as it did before
>patching SA.

Can you make it do it consistently? If so, I might be able to find out what
is causing it and get that problem fixed too. If you can make it do it, and
can give me remote access to your system, then I'll have a good go and
finding it.

>I turned off SA within MS, and went back to running SA via a perl wrapper
>around our MDA. I'm hoping that the next release of SA will fix the problem.

It's dead easy to download and install SA 2.44 which works fine, until we
get the 2.50 problems resolved.

>Kudos to Julian, BTW, for finding and fixing a problem within someone else's
>software. Way above and beyond, if you ask me.

Thanks!
--
Julian Field