Problems with check_mailscanner script in v4.13-3

Michael Keightley mk at quadstone.com
Tue Mar 4 16:51:14 GMT 2003

There is a problem with the check_mailscanner script if the ps line becomes too
long.  check_mailscanner will start up MailScanner again even when it is
running already, this is because it can't see the MailScanner process in the
output of ps.  This is the output of
"ps -ef | grep MailScanner | grep -v grep" on our Mail Gateway:

    root 16445 16424  0 16:31:36 ?        0:06 /usr/local/bin/perl -I/var/opt/MailScanner/lib /var/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailSca

I managed to fix this by looking for /var/opt/MailScanner/lib in my
check_mailscanner script.  I.e. added this line to the start:

mslibdir=/var/opt/MailScanner/lib

Changed lines "fgrep $msbindir/$process |" to "fgrep $mslibdir |"

Michael
--
Michael Keightley <Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com>    Tel: +44 131 220 4491
Systems Manager, Quadstone Limited,                    Fax: +44 131 220 4492