Timeout Errors??

Hall, Douglas Douglas.Hall at PROQUEST.CO.UK
Tue Mar 4 16:32:06 GMT 2003

The sendmail distribution KNOWNBUGS document has the following:

* Delivery to programs that generate too much output may cause problems

  If e-mail is delivered to a program which generates too much
  output, then sendmail may issue an error:

  timeout waiting for input from local during Draining Input

  Make sure that the program does not generate output beyond a
  status message (corresponding to the exit status).  This may
  require a wrapper around the actual program to redirect output
  to /dev/null.

  Such a problem has been reported for bulk_mailer.

-Douglas