Debian ms v4.x install help. Deb, Alien or Source? attn Jason Desai

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Tue Mar 4 16:04:47 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I'm running Debian unstable (sarge) mailscanner (3.27) and exim (3.36).

Some of my users are asking for features in the latest versions of
mailscanner.

I notice some posts indicating people (including Jason) are using newer
versions of mailscanner than is available at packages.debian.org.  I'm
mostly interested in the new mailscanner features and was wondering the
best approach to installing without a .deb file.

Are any dependency issues between exim 3.27 and MS 4.x?

I figure my options are: an alternate site that has a .deb file, using
Alien against the 4.x RPM file, or compiling from source.

All this is being tested off line.

Thanks all for your time.

Scott