[RHSA-2003:073-06] Updated sendmail packages fix critical sec urity issues

Hall, Douglas Douglas.Hall at PROQUEST.CO.UK
Tue Mar 4 12:31:05 GMT 2003

Well hopefully you've all upgraded by now :) If not, the
sun sendmail patch is easy enough to do.

Be warned that if you have modified /etc/init.d/sendmail
or any of the associated (sym|hard)links in the rcx.d
directories they will be overwritten. (I use a different
rc script and disabled rc2.d/S88sendmail)

The sendmail patch overwrites /etc/mail/local-host-names,
other than that I think everything else was untouched.

I copied the contents of /etc/mail, the above rc scripts
and /usr/lib/mail/cf/* to a temporary directory though
just to be safe.

The sendmail patch does list all the files that get overwritten!

-Douglas