SpamAssassin 2.50 Bayes + MailScanner

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Mon Mar 3 14:58:18 GMT 2003

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a look for the files, and I've re-run 'make install' - still not
working though.

Here's all the files I've got:

[root at trip root]# find / -name '*[Bb]ayes*' -print
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm
/usr/share/spamassassin/23_bayes.cf
/usr/man/man3/Mail::SpamAssassin::Bayes.3pm
/etc/MailScanner/bayes_toks.db
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/rules/23_bayes.cf
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/tools/check_bayes_db
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/tools/trim_bayes_db
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/blib/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Bayes.pm
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/blib/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore.pm
/root/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.50/blib/man3/Mail::SpamAssassin::Bayes.3pm
/root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
/root/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
/root/.spamassassin/bayes_msgcount
/root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks.db
/home/smf/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
/home/smf/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
/home/smf/.spamassassin/bayes_msgcount

This is on RedHat 7.3 with Perl 5.6.1.  The spam.assassin.prefs.conf
currently has 'bayes_path /etc/MailScanner/bayes' in it - the
/root|smf/.spammassassin/bayes* files only have the two test messages in
them...

As this seems to be more SA related rather than MailScanner - I'll post the
same question to the sa-talk list and see what happens...

Thanks,
Steve.