Sopos Upgrade Issues

Michael Janssen Janssen at RZ.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Sun Mar 2 01:25:06 GMT 2003

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Mike Wallis wrote:

[missing virus data error]
> After the upgrade, I'm not seeing the errors from Sophos any longer.

Hey! Julian did figure out how to catch this nasty Sophos output, didn't
he? Sophos writes directly to /dev/tty, therefore it was tricky.

I suggest you to check manually if Sophos is now doing the job (unless it
depends on the settings of the sophoswrapper script this error is not
assoziated with MailScanner and an upgrade of MailScanner can't *solve*
the problem (unless Julian have programmed a routine that silently
repairs broken Sophos installation. But that would be short to silently
log in an fix any problem manually ;-)

cheers
Michael