mailscanner timeout on virus updates...?

Kevin Hanser Kevin at MICA.NET
Mon Jun 30 19:04:29 IST 2003

Is there a way to set mailscanner to timeout when it's waiting on the
virus update script(s)?  My installation of MailScanner and ClamAV was
stuck and just queueing messages again today, because the ClamAV update
program was hung for some reason.  I've sent a message to that list to
see if there's a solution, but I was also wondering if there's a way to
set a timeout value for MailScanner if the virus update script doesn't
complete in a certain amount of time.  Maybe even send an email to root
or something to let them know that the script timed out...

ideas?

thx