Filetype scanning rules?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 18:22:03 IST 2003

Currently, the only rule in the new filetype.rules.conf file bans executables.
Has anyone got any good ideas for extra rules to allow or deny other types
of files?

(It uses the "file" command to deduce the type of each file).

Should I enable this filetype checking by default?

Or should I disable it as it causes a slight performance hit? (it has to
run the "file" command once for each batch of messages, which is a lot
lighter than running SpamAssassin for example)

Your thoughts, votes and comments please.
--
Julian Field