F-Prot question && 2 minor siteremarks.

Stijn Jonker SJCJonker at SJC.NL
Sat Jun 28 18:53:07 IST 2003

Hello All,

I recently reinstalled the mailscanner server and in the process upgraded
to the latest F-Prot fp-linux-ws-4.1.0-1.i386.rpm version:

F-PROT ANTIVIRUS
Program version: 4.1.0
Engine version: 3.13.3

VIRUS SIGNATURE FILES
SIGN.DEF created 25 June 2003
SIGN2.DEF created 25 June 2003
MACRO.DEF created 23 June 2003

Whenever i try to run the f-prot-autoupdate the following error occurs:

[root at ph-dmz-01 root]# /usr/lib/MailScanner/f-prot-autoupdate
FTP address for retrieving files is ftp://us-3.updates.f-prot.com/pub/
Unknown fatal error calling "checksum", exiting, No such file or directory

Reading the autoupdate script it requires an program checksum, according
to the script this should be included in the rpm/tar i checked both and
couldn't find it.

Does somebody have an suggestion to get the autoupdate working?

The the 2 minor site comments:

First of all I'm not perfect in english, far from that... ;-)

Julian:

On the page:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/reject.html
My eye felt on the following sentence:
"The MailScanner development team do not send any unsolicited e-mail."

Shouldn't this be "does not send" I don't know why, but it's one of those
"I have a feeling that..." thing.

Secondly on the main page:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/
3rd Party Commercial Systesms and Services Based on MailScanner
This can't be right, I Think and hope ;-) it should be systems i guess...

I hope somebody can help me on the F-Prot thingy, AND i'll make an faq
entry for it, if we find the resolution....

- --
Met Vriendelijke groet/Yours Sincerely
Stijn Jonker <SJCJonker at sjc.nl>