MailScanner and spamd/spamc

Vasantha Narayanan vnarayan at HAVERFORD.EDU
Fri Jun 27 20:53:34 IST 2003

Hi,

We tried using SpamAssassin with MailScanner and we found that it made mail
processing really slow.  So I would like to try the spamd/spamc
approach.  Can anyone give me some tips on how to make this work.  The
SpamAssassin documentation says,
"Simply copy the two executables to where you want them.  Then, configure
your system to run spamd in the backgroup, and where your mailer invokes
'spamassassin' instead invoke 'spamc'. ".

When I used SpamAssassin with MailScanner, I had to set "Use SpamAssassin"
to "yes" in the MailScanner.conf file.  If I want to use spamc, what do I
do?   What do they mean by, "where your mailer invokes 'spamassassin'
instead invoke 'spamc'. "?

Thanks much.

Vasantha