Sobig.E Getting Through Intermittently

Miroslav Spousta qiq at ATREY.KARLIN.MFF.CUNI.CZ
Fri Jun 27 16:59:45 IST 2003

Hi all!

> I think that Ron has a valid point. It makes more sense to solve the problem at the root
> which is the MailScanner engine, since it has proven to be much better than an signature
> update from the AV company. That takes 48-72 hours the earliest.
>
> This level of checking will increase the security that much higher.
>
> Just thought I'd add my two bits to Ron's e-mail and add it as a feature request in
> mailscanner.

I would vote for this feature too. Maybe this could be done as "dummy" virus
scanner which just tag mail containing disallowed suffixes (and dig into the
archive files)?

Regards

Mirek

And thanks for the MailScanner, Julian, it's great!