Sobig.E Getting Through Intermittently

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Fri Jun 27 16:50:55 IST 2003

At 12:42 27/06/2003, you wrote:
>Hello all...
>
> > mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK 27/06/03 12:09:47 >>>
> >That sounds like it is missing the double quotes character at the end
of
> >the filename, and people don't have all my MIME-tools patches
applied.

>I've seen a few 'zi' files, as in:
>http://www2.lshtm.ac.uk/virus.php?backdays=1
>
>When you say the above, Julian, I'm assuming that doing an RPM install
and
>therefore ending up with MIME-tools that way *includes* these patches?

Yes.

Hmmm....

I've never done anything but the RPM install, but I'm still seeing the
'zi' type files. I just assumed that MailScanner installed the patches
as part of the install.sh RPM install process. One note: f-prot's
updated definitions did fix the problem on this end so I'm not convinced
missing patches were really the cause.

If I get a chance this weekend, I'll go through the patches and check
them against my installation to see if they are in fact missing. Has
anyone else that went the RPM install route verified that the patches
were applied correctly since this issue surfaced?

Nathan