F-Prot clarification

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Fri Jun 27 10:43:34 IST 2003

Hello all...

Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I followed various threads
(such as the one about 'F-prot's changing licensing model')
and still didn't see a simple definitive answer...

As MS only requires (or uses) the Command-Line version of
F-Prot, are people purchasing the $29 'workstation' version
or the more expensive 'file server' version?

Does the 'file server' version install the Daemon scanner as a
mandatory item, or not?

And finally I also see the 'F-Prot Antivirus Preloadable Library Call Wrapper' (i.e. shared lib), but I guess without a Perl inteface like
SAVI::Perl to this, then I don't see the purpose of purchasing the
more expensive version...

Can anyone clarify, or identify which version they have chosen to use?