CommuniGate Pro and client IP

Korey Renner renner at BIZWEBPRO.COM
Thu Jun 26 20:28:51 IST 2003

I'm using John Rudd's scripts to allow MailScanner 4.21 to work with
CommuniGate Pro.  (Thanks John!)  His instructions are found at
http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/MailScanner/.  His scripts are working
great except for one thing.

MailScanner fails to recognize the client IP, and usually sets it to
127.0.0.1.  I suspect that this is caused by of the difference between
CommuniGate Pro and Sendmail 'Received' headers, since John's
instructions say to set MTA = sendmail.

The CommuniGate Pro 'Received' header looks like this:

bizwebpro.com (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 4.0.6) with ESMTP id 673347 for
renner at bizwebpro.com; Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:50:44 -0500

Does anyone have suggestions for getting this to work?
Thank you in advance.

--

Korey Renner
Business Software Solutions, Inc.