Mail getting stuck in mqueue.in

James Pifer mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM
Thu Jun 26 16:02:48 IST 2003

We're having major MailScanner(4.21-9) issues this morning. We use sendmail
for our MTA. At around 8:15PM central time last night was the last message that we
think we received. Upon checking the console screen this morning ed we had an Out of
memory error, so we restarted the machine. It's running on a 1Ghz machine with 512
meg of RAM.

We did upgrade SpamAssassin and install Pyzor and Razor yesterday
afternoon. How do we disable or uninstall pyzor and razor? I can't
find anything on that.

We had to disable SpamChecks for mail to get routed. If I turn it back
on it starts to back up again in mqueue.in. We are also seeing some
errors in maillog that I don't remember seeing before.

We are seeing over and over:
Jun 26 10:04:05 pcalaklx01 sendmail[4459]: h5Q5QF3V032649: SYSERR(root):
header sy ntax error, line "X-MailScanner-Information Please contact the
ISP for more inform ation"

We are also seeing this:
Jun 26 10:01:21 pcalaklx01 MailScanner[3102]: SpamAssassin timed out and
was kille
d, consecutive failure 3 of 20

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,