ClamAV log problem

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Wed Jun 25 22:46:51 IST 2003

I have both ClamAV and F-Prot installed.  I've noticed that everytime that
update_virus_scanners runs it leaves a message in /var/log/maillog saying
that ClamAV was updated.  I've checked the ClamAV log file in /tmp but it
only shows the update every so often as expected.

Here's what's appearing in my maillog...

Jun 25 17:06:13 tiger update.virus.scanners: Found clamav installed
Jun 25 17:06:13 tiger update.virus.scanners: Updating clamav
Jun 25 17:06:14 tiger update.virus.scanners: Found f-prot installed
Jun 25 17:06:14 tiger update.virus.scanners: Updating f-prot
Jun 25 17:06:15 tiger F-Prot autoupdate[27175]: F-Prot did not need updating.

I'm assuming this should be really easy to fix but I can't figure out how.
It seems that the ClamAV update script always returns 0 whether an update
was done or not???

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer