MailScanner & Razor false positive

Ron E. ree at THUNDERSTAR.NET
Mon Jun 23 06:58:45 IST 2003

I'm hoping someone has an idea here - I had a couple of false positives
recently that I wanted to look at a little more closely so I ran them
through spamassassin manually with debug options, etc.

The oddity is that manually the message only got a score of 3.10 and when
the message originally was processed by MailScanner it got a score of 5.
When I checked out the difference, I noticed that the manual process of
the message resulted in the message not getting any points from Razor.
When it was processed by MailScanner it got: RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_21_30 and
RAZOR2_CHECK

Anyone have any idea why the message would get a different score when run
through manually and what the above two scored items indicate?

The other rules that were triggered were pretty obvious but not the razor
ones.

TIA,

Ron