Strange Spam "Actions"

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Wed Jun 18 22:08:43 IST 2003

Yes, that was it. I should have seen that on my own. Thanks Mike and
Julian.

Max

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
        Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 3:44 PM
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: Re: Strange Spam "Actions"

        At 21:39 18/06/2003, you wrote:

                Hello -

                I just noticed that I have emails in the
/var/spool/MailScanner/....../spam folder. This is odd considering that
I have no store actions in spam.actions.rules. I then did some grepping
of the logs and it seems like around 35-40 emails a day are going to
this ../spam folder. The logs specify:

                Jun 18 04:44:55 manhattan MailScanner[24460]: Spam
Actions: message h5I9ioWq026384 actions are store

                Why would this happen? I only have various domains with
actions deliver, delete, or forward. The other thing is that in this
spam directory, the messages do not have the {Spam?} subject headers.

        What about High Scoring Spam Actions?
        The messages stored there are written long before any subject
header alteration happens.

        --
        Julian Field
        www.MailScanner.info <http://www.mailscanner.info/>