Which Witch is Which

Steve Douglas steve.douglas at SBIINCORPORATED.COM
Wed Jun 18 19:21:44 IST 2003

I have gone around and circles for three days.

First I read a page that states the following:

"Currently, your copy of sendmail will be started by a script such as
/etc/init.d/mail        or /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail. Somewhere in this
script will be the command to start     sendmail itself. This should look
like this:
sendmail -bd -q15m
You should change this to the following two lines:
sendmail -bd -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
sendmail -q15m

Easier said than done!

First I tried modifying the /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail script with no luck.
Then I go to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner file and it quickly tells me
not to do it and go to the /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner file.  No matter what
I do nothing works.

All I am trying to do is enter the two lines above but my eyes are
cross-eyed at this point.  To make matters worse, after I gave up using the
fricken scripts I then entered the two commands manually, started the
check_mailscanner scripted and every darned message I send that was clean to
my server it get moved to the damned quarantine directory.