Legal Implications was(Re: Announce: MailScanner-Console-0.1)

kfliong kfliong at WOFS.COM
Tue Jun 17 09:25:30 IST 2003

I don't see much problem about privacy issues here. The main reason is
because you only see, from, subject, to and so on and not the contents or
the attachments. So, we won't know what are the contents. Thus still
protecting the user's privacy.

Secondly, for those who are really concerned, they could draft out an
agreement to let their users know that their emails will be monitored for
spam and virus. And that the contents and attachments will not be viewed
thus maintaining privacy up to a certain limit. It they don't like it, they
can use web based emails like yahoomail or hotmail for their personal
emails which is up to their discretion since it's not work related.