SA temp dir ...

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 11:55:12 IST 2003

 From what I see of the SpamAssassin source, all you need to do is tweak
the init.d script so that it does

TMPDIR=/var/spool/MailScanner/satemp
export TMPDIR

before it starts MailScanner. Obviously you want to make ...../satemp a
directory that your "Run As User" can write to, and you presumably want to
mount it using tmpfs.

The other, much simpler, alternative, is simply to mount your "/tmp" using
tmpfs, which is what things like Solaris do anyway.

--
Julian Field