Restart for change of rules

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Mon Jun 16 11:54:43 IST 2003

Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>You only need to do a "reload" not a "restart".
>"reload" is equivalent to doing a "kill -HUP" on all the MailScanner processes.

I generally just leave it to pick up the new configuration when the
child processes die naturally of old age.

Tony.
LANDS END TO ST DAVIDS HEAD INCLUDING THE BRISTOL CHANNEL: VARIABLE MAINLY
NORTHEAST TO EAST 2 OR 3 LOCALLY 3 OR 4, BECOMING MAINLY NORTHWEST TO WEST 3
OR 4. FAIR WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS AND SOME COASTAL MIST PATCHES. GOOD LOCALLY
MODERATE OR POOR. SLIGHT.