Announce: MailScanner-Console-0.1

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Mon Jun 16 09:38:51 IST 2003

Hi Raymond,

It should be possible to do this already - basically as long as you have the
Perl DBI & DBD drivers for MySQL installed on the MailScanner boxes you can
change the login parameters in CustomConfig.pm to point to another machine
which has MySQL running on it, all you need to do is grant permissions on
the database to the MailScanner boxes.

If you fancy being the first person to try this - I'd be happy to knock up
some instructions for you.

Kind regards,
Steve

--
Steve Freegard
Systems Manager
Littlehampton Book Services Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Dijkxhoorn [mailto:raymond at PROLOCATION.NET]
Sent: 16 June 2003 09:21
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

Hi Steve,

> Thanks for the kind words.  Unfortunatly you can't edit MailScanner.conf
> with it at present, only view the entries - but I will add your request to
> the wishlist and try to implement this in a future version.

What i would like is, and perhaps thats allready possible now, to let it
log to a remote sql server and do the rest on that box ... So let only the
local mailscanner dump the records, and the rest elsewhere to offload the
box. On heavilly loaded MS boxes that would be best. Then you also can
combine stats of scanners.

Thanks,
Raymond.

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.