Announce: MailScanner-Console-0.1

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Sat Jun 14 21:54:29 IST 2003

Hi Ryan,

>> Suggested Name: MailWatch for MailScanner

I knew someone would be able to come up with a better name! - thanks for
this, it will be known as 'MailWatch for MailScanner' from the next version
onward.

>> I have installed this app and it looks very impressive.

Thanks ;-))

>> Are we going to use this list for "debugging" this application...

As long as Julian and others don't mind?? - if not then feel free to email
me direct to either this address or the address at the top of each source
file.

1) The jpgraph directory and index.php files are symbolic links to
jpgraph-1.12.1 and status.php respectivly - maybe your version of tar didn't
preserve them? - did you extract then using 'tar -zxvf'?

2) The sophos status screen just runs Julian's sophos-wrapper script and
pipes the output to an awk script which htmlizes the output - have a look in
sophos_status.php - you may need to alter the paths depending on your setup.
I'll come up with a better method in the next release.

3) Not sure on this one - can you be more specific? If you can mail me the
file 'images/cache/top_receipient_by_volume.png' so I can see it would be
even more helpful.

4) I forgot to mention in the INSTALL docs that you need to make sure that
'Detailed Spam Report = yes' is set in MailScanner.conf otherwise the
matching rules don't get written to the database.  You can also (optionally)
set 'Include Scores in SpamAssassin Report = yes'.

There are also a couple of other things I've noticed myself since posting
the release:

- I didn't mention in the documentation that to get the detailed description
of the matching SA rules in the Message Detail screen you need to run
'Update SpamAssassin Rule Descriptions' from the 'Other' menu.

- There was a typo in reports.php for 'Total Mail by Date', you'll need to
correct the link to get this to work.

>> Thanks for taking the time to put this together for us all.

No problem - thank you for the kind words and the recommendation :-)

Kind regards,
Steve

--
Steve Freegard