Announce: MailScanner-Console-0.1

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Sat Jun 14 01:49:24 IST 2003

Awesome looking product.

Have you ever thought of creating a button next to each message that
would allow you to send the message to the original recipient? I get
this request all the time from my users and was thinking of creating my
own web console to do this. For the time being I have all spam delivered
to a mail account so I can forward to original user if necessary.

Max

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Steve Freegard [mailto:steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK]
        Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:11 AM
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: Announce: MailScanner-Console-0.1

        Hi All,

        I've written a web based front-end to MailScanner using a
modified &SQLLogging routine, PHP, MySQL and JpGraph.

        Current features:
         ** Recent messages - displays a highlighted view of the last 50
messages processed by MailScanner and allows you to drill-down for
detailed information on each message.
         ** Reporting - allow you to create filtered HTML reports with
graphs (using JpGraph).
         ** Tools - allows you to view the MailScanner.conf file and
associated rules, displays Sophos information such as version/loaded
IDE's

        This is the first time I've ever released any code - it's
functional - but not pretty.  It should work well for those people who
hate trawling through /var/log/maillog and want a quick overview of what
their mail gateway is doing, and is also good for when you have a
Helpdesk manned by people you don't want logging into you mail gateway
but still need access to view stuff (as in my case).

        It probably won't be any good for the people with high
throughput of messages, as the customised SQLLogging routine logs to the
database in real-time, so might slow your gateway down (although I'd be
interested if someone could benchmark it).

        Also if anyone can come up with a better name - please do....

        Further info, download and screenshots at
http://www.smf.f2s.com/mailscanner/

        Kind regards,
        Steve.

        --
        Steve Freegard
        Systems Manager

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

swept by MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer
viruses.