possibly stupid question: saving copies of spam

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Fri Jun 13 18:35:04 IST 2003

I know that I can have MailScanner save copies of every mail, or of
mail to/from selected people, using rules. I haven't found a way to
save copies of mail which has been marked as spam (score > threshold).
If there is a way to do this, I would be very grateful to be shown
where I've overlooked it.

My rationale:

My employer uses Lotus Notes, which does not let me see the unmodified
body of the spam, but only the "structured text" and (using the
"document properties" pop-up) the first 3K or so of each part of each
attachment. Since many spams have attachments longer than 3K, this
means that I lose lots of useful data going the "document properties"
route. The "structured text" doesn't preserve the headers all that
well, and does really ugly things to the body.

The foregoing being true, I need a way to save spam for examination. I
would prefer to save it in mailbox format, given the choice, and hope
against hope that this can be done.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx