Enabling/Disabling Spam Filtering

Bingham, Ryan ryanb at AACRAO.ORG
Thu Jun 12 17:35:50 IST 2003

Hi Matthew,

I think you could do this in MailScanner.conf.  Take a look at this
section:

# Do you want to check messages to see if they are spam?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam checks = yes

Instead of "Spam checks = yes" you could specify a ruleset instead:

Spam checks = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spamdomains.rules

Then in your spamdomains.rules file you could have entries like

FromOrTo:       somedomain.com  no
FromOrTo:       mydomain.com    yes
FromOrTo:       default         yes

Everyone feel free to correct me if I messed something up.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Bowman [mailto:mbowman at UDCOM.COM]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 12:15 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Enabling/Disabling Spam Filtering

Hello

If I wanted to disable spam filtering for a domain passing through an
e-mail gateway would all I have to do is add
a line in spam.whitelist.rules

FromOrTo: @domain.tld   yes

Then service MailScanner reload ?

The objective is to setup all domains to pass thru a gateway but only
enable spam filtering for some of them. That is
the default would be disabled.

-- Virus Scanning would be on for all domains..

Is there a better way of doing this without routing the MX to the
recipient's mail server ?

Thanks

Matthew