mailscanner + procmail + gentoo

Valmiki N. Ramsewak lilvalo at MIKIBOY.COM
Wed Jun 11 17:56:11 IST 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 06:34:36PM +0200, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I'm using gentoo. I got mcafee and sendmail working.. I also installed
> > mailscanner, and made the changes to the /etc/conf.d/sendmail file
> > (/etc/init.d/sendmail reads the options from there) It all starts up fine,
> > but nothing gets scanned by mailscanner, and I'm not sure why.. I don't see
> > it in the headers.....
>
> You should STOP sendmail. The mailscanner script should run sendmail.

Well yea I figured that out. But this is the problem. In gentoo you have a dir /etc/init.d with all the startup scripts, just like in redhat...
then you use a script rc-update to add and remove programs you want to start on the different boot levels.
I have been doing the check_mailscanner thing and then an nmap and no port 25 is open...... So i'm guessing something is wrong big time?

Any help appreciated, I'll make a temp acct if someone wants to look around my system...

Thanks

Valmiki