Black-/Whitelists in SQL Database (WAS: RE: SQL user options)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 11 16:59:36 IST 2003

At 16:47 11/06/2003, you wrote:
> > Please find it here:
> > http://filelister.linux-kernel.at/?current=/tarballs/MailScanner/
>
>I've never seen a .patch file before. How do I apply that?

Using the "patch" command :-)
Usual syntax is along the lines of one of these:
         patch < foobar.patch
         patch -p0 < foobar.patch
         patch -p1 < foobar.patch

If it asks you for the name of the file to patch you are either in the
wrong directory or got the "p" number wrong.
"patch" files are just the output of the "diff" command.

"patch" is more of a sentient life-form than a command, it's far too damn
clever! :-)
--
Julian Field