OT (general interest): RAV antivirus

Forrest Aldrich forrie at FORRIE.COM
Wed Jun 11 16:06:52 IST 2003

Interesting, since the customer support people at RAV haven't replied to my
inquiry about this.   This is their full statement about this.

I would imagine it would be difficult to just "discontinue" other
Unix-based products, since there are undoubtedly many service contracts and
higher-end users that have paid a lot of $$ for the product and support -
so either they will continue to operate independently as RAV, with MS
licensing their technology for their own use, or MS will have to provide
for some contingency/alternative.

Forrest

Dear RAV User,

As you are aware, we at RAV have always maintained that our antivirus
technology is amongst the best available. This is now testified by a recent
announcement by Microsoft Corporation on acquiring our technology. More
information about this is available at www.ravantivirus.com and at
www.microsoft.com

As always, we would like to reiterate that our customers are important to
us and that we will continue to maintain and provide the same high level of
service that we have had in the past. Technical support for the product
will continue to be provided both by GeCAD and its authorised distributors.
In addition, you will continue to receive virus signature updates, alerts
and advisories.

The company's web site www.ravantivirus.com will also continue to be
available. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

We continue to look forward to your ongoing support.

Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,

Radu Georgescu

President
GeCAD Software s.r.l.

Additional information on the transaction available on
http://www.ravantivirus.com