F-Prot and Mail Scanner

Damian Mendoza damian at WORKGROUPSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Jun 11 14:15:50 IST 2003

Hi,

An update: End-User error as messages were not going thru MailScanner. MailScanner is working perfectly with F-Prot antivirus.

Regards,

Damian

Workgroup Solutions
20532 El Toro Rd, Suite 107
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
949 586-2200
Developers of SpamGate - Stop SPAM today at the Gateway!

-----Original Message-----
From: Damian Mendoza
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 4:43 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: F-Prot and Mail Scanner

Hi,

I installed F-Prot and MailScanner on an SMTP gateway for a customer. My customer tells me that F-Prot is only blocking 10% of the viruses. They had 9 messages get passed the F-Prot/MailScanner gateway and 1 message was stopped according to the maillog.

Norton Antivirus on the Exchange server told us about the 9 messages.

Any ideas? F-Prot is getting the updates based on the Maillog file.

Thanks,

Damian