mcafee & bugbear.b

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Fri Jun 6 15:41:06 IST 2003

Steve,

Current dat is 4270... my servers got 4268 on June 1st at about 21:45 UTC,
4269 on June 4th at about 18:45 UTC and 4270 yesterday (June 5th at about
16:45 UTC).

You should configure a cron job for mcaffee-autoupdate to run frequently... I
have it configured to run every hour.

BTW, Tony, I understand you mantain mcafee-autoupdate, is that right? I sent
a patch a while ago adding a little more verbosity to the "-v" mode, did you
see it?

If I do a similar modification to the current (from MS 4.21) version would
you incorporate it? It is only cosmetic, but as I prefer to log the script
activity (via a plain ">>" in the crontab file), I like having a couple of
timestamps available. If you prefer I could add an extra command line option
for this to be turned on, I only tried to be minimalistic with the
modifications.

Thanx.

El 6 Jun 2003 a las 9:22, Steve Douglas escribió:

> I haven't installed the latest post (270).  My serer has Dat Verison: 4267,
> Engin Version, 4.2.40 and it detected and smoked the bugbear using
> heuristics presumably.
I think bugbear uses double extensions (.doc.pif, etc) that MailScanner's
standard filename rules prohibit, as well as the extensions themselves (.pif,
.scr, etc.).

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby