Rav Website

Forrest Aldrich forrie at FORRIE.COM
Fri Jun 6 05:23:01 IST 2003

For what it's worth, I've been using RAV Antivirus with sendmail-Milter for
over a year, and it's worked pretty well.

A couple of comments:

1)      The configuration (ravmd.conf) is extremely obtuse - definately not
written by someone who goes outdoors frequently.

2)      Their licensing policy (pricing) leaves a bit to be desired - they
charge 25.00 per domain or something like that - and have no provision for
a private site that might happen to have a few domains (some unused).

3)      The licensing will only scan for x number of domains (as also
defined in ravmd.conf)...

In retrospect, I've begun using f-prot and clamav (soon clamav-milter if
someone can help me compile it on freebsd), since I disagree with RAV's
pricing guidelines.

_F