Bayesian training and spam attachment

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Jun 5 22:09:52 IST 2003

Carl/Denis/Julian,

I found this:
http://www.jmason.org/software/scripts/extract-rfc822-attachment.txt - it's
written by the author of SpamAssassin.

I haven't tried it as I haven't upgraded and turned on the attachment
feature (yet!) - it states in the README:

extract a "mail/rfc822" attachment from a mail.

SYNOPSIS
extract-rfc822-attachment < msg > newmsg

EXIT STATUS
Exit status will be 0 if there was an attachment and the attachment was
extracted successfully, 1 if there was no attachment found. The remaining
non-zero exit statuses are reserved for other failure modes.

NOTE
Quoted-printable or base64-encoded attachments are not currently supported.

I suppose the drawback is that it'll only run on one message at a time - I
wonder if it would be possible to integrate this with procmail on the
MailScanner box to automagically extract the rfc822 attachments for anything
forwarded to the 'not-spam'???

Kind regards,
Steve.

--