Auto-Responses without open-relaying

Steve Douglas steve.douglas at SBIINCORPORATED.COM
Thu Jun 5 21:36:25 IST 2003

Can someone suggest an approach as to how to have the automatic responses
from MailScanner work?  My scenario is fairly easy, I have installed my
MailScanner gateway on the DMZ and all incoming messages are rerouted to my
internal email server.  The internal email server is blocked for
open-relays.  Currently when the MailScanner emails the responses it goes
through the internal email file server which then get blocked.

Is there something I can do to the MailScanner gateway to redirect all
MailScanner responses out of the same server without the gateway becoming an
open-relay?

Thanks.

sd