F-prot says I need the mail server license

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Thu Jun 5 19:04:04 IST 2003

I've been using ClamAv-0.54 for a while and it seems to catch everything...
Definitions seem to be as current or better than some of the commercial
stuff...  And it's FREE under the GNU license...  :)  Using it in
conjunction with Postfix-2.0.10/SpamAssassin-2.55/Amavis-NG-0.1.6.4 (didn't
know about MailScanner when I set this up, and am not sure how they
compare)...

I use MailScanner on another server that uses sendmail because I didn't have
access to the original sendmail.mc file nor was my sendmail compiled with
milter support.  Mail Scanner had installation instructions which allowed me
to work arround those issues on my Managed Dedicated Server(MDS).  I could
have requested the changes from the hosting company, but then when there is
a tech support issue, their frontline tech guys get confused..  ;)

I think CA's Etrust/InoculateIT/Inoculan is on a per machine license too...
Although, if your using Winblows, make sure you get the available patches or
your machines will be extraordinarily slow....  We use it on the LAN -
servers and workstations...

Eric
Systems Engineer